Please let me know if there is such a thing as preventive cataract surgery?

Preventive CS. There is no such thing as preventive cataract surgery except if cataract is being removed (ie, --cataract surgery). The lens: usually clear, behind iris & like a "pillow in a pillowcase". As we age, lens gets cloudy/white & can affect VA. If significant or causing narrow angles, surgery may be indicated. Cataract is # 1 cause of preventable blindness in world. More info: eyedoc2020.blogspot.com.
Not really. Why would someone with a perfectly good natural lens want to have it removed simply to avoid developing a cataract in the future? This seems to me a bad idea. Enjoy the excellent vision provided by your natural lens and do not risk surgery ahead of time.