Please advise what is the difference between photorefractive keratectomy vs radial keratotomy?

Cutting v sculpting. Radial keratotomy (rk) is an older and rarely performed procedure that has side effects. The eye surgeon makes a series of radial cuts about 90% deep in the cornea to flatten it and reduce or eliminate myopia. Photorefractive keratectomy (prk) uses an excimer laser to reshape the cornea. It is done on the surface of the cornea as opposed lasik which is performed under a flap of cornea.