Can you tell me about umbillical hernia?

Dr. David Earle
Surgery

In brief: Hole in the wall

This is a hole in the abdominal wall at the belly button, the former location if the umbilical cord.
They are usually small, but sometimes large enough to allow abdominal contents to protrude through the hole, an appear as a lump under the skin. They can cause pain, and enlarge with time. Only treatment is surgical repair, and a variety of techniques are available. Hope this helps!

In brief: Hole in the wall

Dr. David Earle
Dr. David Earle

In brief: Kids seldom need rpr

Loose belly muscles help a developing baby by allowing easy blood flow thru the umbilical cord ; into babies body.
After birth, that loosness may allow a transient umbilical hernia that will usually disappear when the belly muscles tighten, starting after baby learns to sit.By 2yo most uh have receded. I find girls more likely to need repair than boys ? Reason.I rarely refer for repair.

In brief: Kids seldom need rpr