Did god create std's to encourage monogamy and discourage the practice of sleeping with many partners?

Dr. Ana Adelstein
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Questions We Ask

U're questioning things humans have grappled w/ 4centuries: why disease, misfortune & tragedy exist in this world; & why bad things happen 2good people.
But i by ur logic above (stds encourage monogamy), i wonder if we'd need 2conclude that g-d created/creates other infectious diseases for a reason, too? Polio 2encourage... & discourage...? Measles 2encourage... & discourage...?

In brief: Questions We Ask

Dr. Ana Adelstein
Dr. Ana Adelstein

In brief: Risks

I can't speak for god.
Many of us have been taught ways to live that will help to protect our health . If we consider our body a temple & treat it well, health rewards will usually follow. However, each of us as free agency to take risks with our health.

In brief: Risks

I can't speak for god.
Dr. James Okamoto

In brief: I don't believe so

This is more of a theological question than medical, but let me try.
Monogamy is certainly a good way to prevent STDs, but I don't believe God created them to punish us. Quite the opposite! Just as God did not create car crashes to make us obey speed limits, godly laws (against adultery/incest etc benefit people regardless of whether they believe in God or not because they are for our safety.

In brief: I don't believe so

Dr. James Okamoto
Dr. James Okamoto
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Std and many patners

May be, thats why you should have monognous relationship to keep it under control.
Do as god intended you to do.It makes sence even if you dont believe in god.

In brief: Std and many patners

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Adam Levy