Can you tell me what to do if I have herpes simplex II from oral sex with partner on valtrex (valacyclovir)?

First be sure! You can be tested for herpes 1 ; 2, to see if you have had one or both. If you do, then you will need treatment if you develop lesions of herpes in your mouth, lips, etc. You would be contagious. If you do not have herpes, then barrier protection and your partner taking Valtrex (valacyclovir) faithfully are musts!
Caution. When it comes to herpes i advise caution. How do you know you got herpes from any one person? Was the blood test done with new (igm antibodies) or was just your igg antibodies positive? A person on Valtrex (valacyclovir) can suppress viral shedding up to be 50% less contagious so it is possible to get herpes from a partner in this scenario. But, it is also unusual at the same time. I would like more info.