If I have abetalipoprotememia, how much vitamin E should I take?

Dr. James Underberg
In brief: Difficult to know
Vit e, ( along with vitamin k) are the two fat soluble vitamins that require chylomicrons to transport them from the intestine to the liver. In many cases, even massive amounts of supplementation of vit.
E will not raise levels to normal range. Vit a and d on the other hand can be supplemented much more effectively. Must check levels.

In brief: Difficult to know
Dr. James Underberg
Dr. James Underberg
Dr. Christopher Guzik
In brief: Get tested to know
Treatment normally consists of rigorous dieting, involving mass amounts of vitamin e.
Get your blood tested to know much you will need. Spectracell and genova are just two that can help you know how much vitamin E you should take.

In brief: Get tested to know
Dr. Christopher Guzik
Dr. Christopher Guzik
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology