Why does my heart burn go away during exercise ?

Dr. Foster Carr
General Practice

In brief: Less acid secretion

Heart burn is caused by to acid in the stomach.
The production of acid in the stomach is controlled by the hormone gastrin and it in turn is controlled by the neuropeptide gastrin releasing hormone. I suspect that your exercising has reduced grp release and thus decreased your stomach acid production.

In brief: Less acid secretion

Dr. Foster Carr
Dr. Foster Carr
Dr. Brian Kaufman

In brief: Diaphragm?

It is not clear but could be related to that when we exercise, our diaphragm is activiely contracting in order to breath more.
The esophogus goes throught the diaphragm and it may be that this hiatus works better when you are exercising. It may also be that you secrete less acid in the stomach under exercise conditions. Probably a little from column a and a little from column b.

In brief: Diaphragm?

Dr. Brian Kaufman
Dr. Brian Kaufman
Dr. Milton Alvis Jr
Preventive Medicine

In brief: A CommonMisnomer for

esophageal pain, not from the heart, just perceived to be in similar area of chest.
Like most human issues, causes not really known, controls of stomach acid secretions & esophagus are within mind/brain. Most medicine is only about relayed signals within body (e.g. gastrin, coordination of esophagus/stomach muscle movements, etc.) not true causes, detailed understanding of driving human issues.

In brief: A CommonMisnomer for

Dr. Milton Alvis Jr
Dr. Milton Alvis Jr
Dr. Umesh Patel