Been on Lexapro (escitalopram) 20 mg for 5 years- is this something I will have to take forever?

Dr. Bassam Amawi
In brief: Taking Lexapro (escitalopram)
When u see u physician u can ask him: how long should I take it?

In brief: Taking Lexapro (escitalopram)
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Bassam Amawi
Dr. Steven Saunders
In brief: Lexapro (escitalopram)
Depends on why you are taking it, i.
E, depression, anxiety, social phobia. Length of therapy varies among individuals, but many take ssris for many years continuosly and indefinitely. Talk to your doctor.

In brief: Lexapro (escitalopram)
Depends on why you are taking it, i.
Dr. Steven Saunders
Dr. Steven Saunders
Dr. Alan Ali
In brief: Lexapro (escitalopram)
That depends on whether you are in remission, if prior efforts were made to taper the Lexapro (escitalopram) when you have been symptom-free for over a year, and what Lexapro (escitalopram) was prescribed for. Please discuss all options with your prescribing doctor who knows you best.

In brief: Lexapro (escitalopram)
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali