What effect does peroxide rinse have on teeth and mouth?

In brief: Not much
Hydrogen peroxide (3%) is approved for use as a mouthwash when diluted 1:1 with water. This very weak solution may fizz slightly as it liberates oxygen, but this is unlikely to be of great value.
It is not a substitute for good flossing or brushing. It is unlikely to any meaningful whitening effect. In short, its value is limited.

In brief: Not much
Dr. Robert Rosenfeld
Dr. Robert Rosenfeld
Dr. Scott Williams
Dentistry
In brief: Mostly cleansing
Peroxide rinse is effective against many bacteria and is commonly used.
If used in too much concentration or for too long it can chemically burn the tissues, otherwise it is a great cleanser. It can alter taste as well. Peroxide does create free radicals and some worry about cancer from that. Enamel on teeth is cleaned and whitened slightly by peroxide rinse (not an effective whitening method).

In brief: Mostly cleansing
Dr. Scott Williams
Dr. Scott Williams
Dr. Hamid Imankhan
Dentistry
In brief: Not a good thing to
Probably harming your good antibodies and salivary enzymes than benefiting.
Stop doing that this won't have any whitening effect

In brief: Not a good thing to
Dr. Hamid Imankhan
Dr. Hamid Imankhan
Dr. James Beck
Dentistry
In brief: Not good
I don't recommend peroxide because it oxidizes causing tissue damage.
It also kills the "good" bacteria in your mouth. I highly advise against rinsing with peroxide.

In brief: Not good
Dr. James Beck
Dr. James Beck
Dr. Jake Richards
Dentistry
In brief: Minimal if
Peroxide is really not a great disinfectant in otc solutions it is better than some.
Actually in low concentrations can be used as mouth rinse, but it really should not cause much prob. If concentration is high enough it can be caustic and cause blanching and possible burning sensations. Hydrogen peroxide is used for bleaching teeth and it burns.

In brief: Minimal if
Dr. Jake Richards
Dr. Jake Richards
Dr. Shontae Buffington