Supposing I have herpes simplex type i in my bloodstream, will my wife still get cold sores from oral sex?

Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Herpes is found in..

The skin and the innervating nerves where it lives.
If you have genital herpes-yes. But she may have gotten or get herpes 1 from kissing! talk with your doctor!

In brief: Herpes is found in..

Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Robert Killian
Good Answer Dr. Namey. I would just highlight that a person is only contagious for herpes where they initially were infected, not from their blood or any other part of their body.
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Herpes

75% of americans have herpes type one.
Most got this virus when they were children. 90% of people infected do not get outbreaks and only know they are infected and thus contagious with a blood test. You are contagious at the site you got herpes not everywhere. Your contagiousness is unpredictable. I would counsel that first your wife get a blood test to see if she already has been exposed.

In brief: Herpes

75% of americans have herpes type one.
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Jane Van Dis