Please explain if it is safe to provide hyperbaric oxygen treatment while pt. On methotrexate?

In brief: I researched this ;

Was unable to find any articles that directly addressed the issue.
I did not find literature indicating that it was contraindicated. However, i would want to know why the hbot was being used in a patient who had the need to be on methotrexate. Hbot is not without significant risks ; Methotrexate is a hard core medication.

In brief: I researched this ;

Dr. V. Pinnamaneni
Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine

In brief: Yes with caution

Agree w above: body of work being done on organ transplants right now, they have various protocols, donor and recipient receive hbo prior to transplant (if possible), organ is transported in a "hbo cooler" (interesting because topical hbo has been shown to not benefit in other hbo indications, but can't hurt), post transplant recipients cont w hbo.
Many transplant patients are on methotrexate.

In brief: Yes with caution

Dr. V. Pinnamaneni
Dr. V. Pinnamaneni