Whats the latest on hormone replacement therapy and cardiovascular disease?

Dr. Darren Farnesi
In brief: Necessary !
Optimal and balanced hormones have been preven to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, heart attack, and stroke.

In brief: Necessary !
Dr. Darren Farnesi
Dr. Darren Farnesi
Dr. Mark Rasak
Estrogen replacement in female pts was shown to increase dvt risk , cancer risk and cardivascular mortaliry.
Dr. Bryan Treacy
Gynecology
In brief: In women
When i was on the faculty of a medical school, i used to teach that women that did not take hormone replacement had a higher risk of cardiovascular disease than men at the same age.
I think it needs to be started early and continued for the cardiovascular protective effect. Just my opinion. Many will disagree with me. But this statement is based on the hers study going on for many years.

In brief: In women
Dr. Bryan Treacy
Dr. Bryan Treacy
Dr. Mark Rasak
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Not reccomended
The risk of hormone therapy does not outweigh risks as it relates to heart disease.

In brief: Not reccomended
Dr. Mark Rasak
Dr. Mark Rasak
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology