Whats the latest on hormone replacement therapy and cardiovascular disease?

Dr. Darren Farnesi

In brief: Necessary !

Optimal and balanced hormones have been preven to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, heart attack, and stroke.

In brief: Necessary !

Dr. Darren Farnesi
Dr. Darren Farnesi
Dr. Mark Rasak
Estrogen replacement in female pts was shown to increase dvt risk , cancer risk and cardivascular mortaliry.
Dr. Bryan Treacy
Gynecology

In brief: In women

When i was on the faculty of a medical school, i used to teach that women that did not take hormone replacement had a higher risk of cardiovascular disease than men at the same age.
I think it needs to be started early and continued for the cardiovascular protective effect. Just my opinion. Many will disagree with me. But this statement is based on the hers study going on for many years.

In brief: In women

Dr. Bryan Treacy
Dr. Bryan Treacy
Dr. Mark Rasak
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Not reccomended

The risk of hormone therapy does not outweigh risks as it relates to heart disease.

In brief: Not reccomended

Dr. Mark Rasak
Dr. Mark Rasak
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham