Any tips? What should I expect from perimenopause?

Many. Often the first symptom of perimenopause is sleep disruption. Women wake up around 2 am and cant go back to sleep. Anxiety is often present - much like PMS but not cyclic. Irregular menses are common due to lack of ovulation. Breast tenderness is common due to estrogen dominance.Hot flashes can occur usually at night but this varies. Bloating and swelling of feet and legs is common. .
Perimenopause. Perimenopause generally lasts for 12 to 15 years before menopause. It can be a real rollercoaster for hormones, and women experience it as heavy periods, tender breasts, mood instability, sleeping too light. The production of Progesterone decreases by the time a woman is in her late twenties, and most women are symptomatic by the time she is 40 - earlier if she has been under a lot of stress.