How risky is it to adopt a child from europe?

Dr. Cornelia Franz
In brief: It isn't
In my experience parents adopting from anywhere do get a lot of information about the child and informed decisions can be made if it is a good fit for you.
Family history may be sketchy, but you can get lots of information from the foster parents and orphanages..This helps you see the child's development and or emotional development. They usually provide labs that let you know health status too.

In brief: It isn't
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. George Klauber
Strongly disagree. You seldom get information regarding exposure to alcohol as a fetus! Please beware in spite of 4 Dr.s who think it OK. This is from my personal experience as well as our international adoption clinic. Children from Asia, Africa, south and central America are not nearly as risky a proposition!
Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology
In brief: Very risky ex Russia
Unfortunately, almost all adopted children from russia were exposed to alcohol prenatally & thus born brain damaged & may also apply to other children from europe.
Such a shame they are so cute as babies. This medical history is invariably lacking. Suggest read "damaged angels" by bonnie buxton. Personally have found almost all kids adopted from russia are "damaged". Beware fetal alcohol syndrome!

In brief: Very risky ex Russia
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Cindy Juster