How so hospitals decide if a drug user can keep her baby?

In brief: See below

There are multiple factors involved.
The social situation, provision of appropriate care. History of previous inability to care for children, etc. Drug or alcohol use in and of itself does not always mean the parent will lose their child. Certainly involvement of social services may be needed.

In brief: See below

There are multiple factors involved.
Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Anthony LaBarbera

In brief: They don't

This is a matter of state law where I live.
If a hospital employee has reason to suspect that a drug user is delivering a baby,that employee is required by law to report it.Child & Family Services may already be involved, but when/if the baby tests positive, CFS will assess the situation & petition the court for a decision. The child may go to foster care and mom may face child endangerment charges

In brief: They don't

Dr. Cindy Juster