Should I get cat declawed before I bring newborn home?

Not needed. The cat will become acquainted with the baby and you will teach them both how to be around each other and always supervise. Declawing cats is not a solution if you are afraid they are going to scratch the baby, after all they have back claws and sharp teeth. Removing claws is mutilating to the cat and might create more problems than solving them. Many children happily grow up with pets.
Not necessarily. Pets and children can be a great mix or a recurring problem. How well they get along will depend on the personality of both pet and child. There are many benefits to pet ownership, including possibly decreasing allergies during childhood, due to early exposure. Intro ducking them in an appropriate manor and monitoring there reactions to one another is probably more important drastic actions.