How long does diarrhea and vomiting associated with gastroenteritis last?

It depends on cause. Most viral gastroenteritis last an average of 3 days, some may last up to a week. The most important thing to consider is how well hydrated the child is, and if the child is able to keep fluids down. Be familiar with signs of dehydreation and consult your docor.
It can be variable. The diarrhea can last up to 2 wks. The vomiting often lasts 2-3 days. Here is a little on vomiting for you http://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=axhkggkon4q.