I think I have sciatic nerve pain, it might have been brought on by a kick of the football. Is this a common footballers injury?

Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management

In brief: Given Your Pain

I would suggest seeing a pain/spine specialist to evaluate you further to evaluate what level and what can be done to treat you.
There are interventional treatments besides medications and surgeries that might reduce or eliminate the pain altogether.

In brief: Given Your Pain

Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. Qamar Khan
Dr. James Goodrich
Neurosurgery

In brief: Sciatic nerve pain

Sciatic nerve pain is a pain that starts in the low pain and radiates down the leg.
It is a common injury in sports that have a lot of running and contact involved. An aggressive kick of a ball can certainly lead to a sciatica.

In brief: Sciatic nerve pain

Dr. James Goodrich
Dr. James Goodrich