Could I have help with sore ingrown toenails. I'm not sure whether to get them surgically removed but am scared it will be very painful. Is it and any advice?

Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Discomfort may vary

The healing rates can vary depending on the individual and on the exact type of procedure performed.
There are different types of nail procedures. Discuss the recovery time with your surgeon who will be performing your surgery. If you have had repeated recurrence of the ingrown nails it may be good idea to have them removed permanently. Post op pain is usually only temporary.

In brief: Discomfort may vary

In brief: Ingrown toenails

If you have sore ingrown toes that are continuously bothering you, go to a podiatrist and be evaluated for the procedure.
Your toes will be anesthetized. You will have some discomfort from the procedure, but it will be worth it especially if they are really painful now.

In brief: Ingrown toenails

Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery