Please explain if it is safe to wear dental wax on your braces while you are sleeping?

Dr. Hilary Baskin
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Sure

likely will stay in place, and if not, its not harmful to swallow in the size you are using (about a pea sized amount)

In brief: Sure

Dr. Hilary Baskin
Dr. Hilary Baskin
Dr. Stuart Hoffman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Not really.

I would not recommend using dental wax while sleeping.
If the wax becomes dislodged, it can be swollowed or caught in the airway. Better safe than sorry.

In brief: Not really.

Dr. Stuart Hoffman
Dr. Stuart Hoffman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Chocolate

Read the ingredients on a chocolate bar wrapper. There' slots of wax in chocolate.
If you swallow a little wax while asleep it will "work out all right in the end." use wax to cover "stickers" until you get used to braces. It's safe and effective.

In brief: Chocolate

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Andrea Brand