I have eye problem and could i stop it by just using a tiny bit of neosporin antibiotic ointment in my eye and rubbing some around my eye?

Dr. Mark Sibley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Neosporin antibiotic ointment

1st-Antibiotics are for infections.
Antibiotics may be for an ''eye problem'' if there is an eye infection. It is not safe to put the wrong chemical/drug into the wrong place, especially the sensitive eye.There are 2 types of neosporin antibiotic ointments. One is for the eyes & is called "ophthalmic" antibiotic. The other is for a cut (for the skin) & is NOT for the eyes. "Problems" need doctors

In brief: Neosporin antibiotic ointment

1st-Antibiotics are for infections.
Dr. Mark Sibley
Dr. Mark Sibley