Do I have a deviated septum which causes me to snore?

Dr. Jonathan Owens
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Possibly

Some people with deviated septum cannot breathe through their nose when sleeping, forcing them to mouth breathe and snore.
In these patients, correcting the septum may improve the snoring. The only way to know if you have a deviated septum is to have it evaluated by a physician.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Jonathan Owens
Dr. Jonathan Owens
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Could be

A deviated septum which causes obstruction of the nasal airway may cause you to breathe through your mouth at night and snore.
You should be seen by your doctor.

In brief: Could be

You should be seen by your doctor.
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Francisco Agullo
Dr. Lonnie Smith
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Deviated Septum

Can cause you to mouth breathe which causes turbulence in the airways and you snore.
The septum alone is not usually the major cause of snoring. A good head and neck exam by an ENT MD can help determine your snoring.

In brief: Deviated Septum

Dr. Lonnie Smith
Dr. Lonnie Smith
Dr. John Hoffmann
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Maybe

A deviated septum means that the bone and cartilage inside the nose are crooked.
This will cause blockage or congestion in the nose. This may or may not cause snoring. You should see a qualified ENT surgeon.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. John Hoffmann
Dr. John Hoffmann
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Deviated septum

This can only be determined by physical examination.
Be sure to have your nose evaluated by a board certified otolaryngologist.

In brief: Deviated septum

Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. Suzanne Galli
Dr. Farhad Sigari
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Be seen

You might have a deviated septum. And you do snore but the two may or may not be related.
Snoring is multi factorial(caused my multiple reasons).Sometimes a deviated can cause snoring and fixing it will help.

In brief: Be seen

Dr. Farhad Sigari
Dr. Farhad Sigari
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology