Is it bad to crack your back i've been doing it a lot recently and now my back is killing me?

Dr. Qamar Khan
Pain Management

In brief: Spine Injury

This chronic pain in the distribution as you suggested is the result of an irritated nerve or facet joints or other injury typically in the lumbar spine (low back) which are caused by herniated disks, spinal stenosis or degenerative disc disease, etc requiring further evaluation by a spine specialist.

In brief: Spine Injury

Dr. Roland Saavedra

In brief: Don't crack back

Low back pain (lbp) is the most common musculoskeletal problem worldwide, with up to 85 percent of all people experiencing lbp during their lifetimes.
In one systematic review of 11 randomized trials of exercise in patients with acute lbp, exercise therapy was not more effective than no treatment or other conservative treatments , which included nsaids/other analgesics, patient education progrom.

In brief: Don't crack back

Dr. Adam Smith