Metoprolol 50mg 2x daily and Benicar (olmesartan) hct 40/25 1x daily. Is it best to take before or after meals?

Dr. Charles Turck
Pharmacology

In brief: Does not matter much

Benicar (olmesartan) HCT can be taken with or without meals - doesn't have an impact.
It is suggested that metoprolol be taken with or just after meals, but I have not found and have not been aware of a significant effect by food. In summary, it does not matter much when they're taken in relation to meals. Most important is to take them as directed, aiming for roughly the same times of the day each day.

In brief: Does not matter much

Dr. Charles Turck
Dr. Charles Turck
Dr. Mathew Chengot
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Ok any time

Doesn't make a significant difference .
As long as you do not miss taking the medicines . Keep a fixed time daily so you do not forget to take it.

In brief: Ok any time

Doesn't make a significant difference .
Dr. Mathew Chengot
Dr. Mathew Chengot
Dr. Vicken Poochikian