Tend to have low blood sugar sometimes but also suffer from prehypertention(hbp). I read sugar raises blood pressure but i need it. What should I eat?

Dr. Tracy Berg
Surgery

In brief: Diet

The best diet is a diabetic diet.
The principles of small frequent meals, with low carbohydrates works well for most of the metabolic problems. Drink plenty of low calorie liquids and monitor your blood pressure and blood sugars. Be well.

In brief: Diet

The best diet is a diabetic diet.
Dr. Tracy Berg
Dr. Tracy Berg
Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Vicious circle

First: sugar doesn't raise BP (salt does).
Second: eating sugar is not a good way to treat low sugar (except in an emergency) because it stimulates Insulin which will quickly cause even worse low sugar. Instead, eat protein, starch, fiber, or fats which are broken down slowly and give you a gradual rise in sugar that will last for many hours. Graze: eat frequent small meals.

In brief: Vicious circle

Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Marsha Davis