If I had heart defect at birth, do I see my pediatric doctor before trying to get pregnant?

Dr. Kathryn Mercer
In brief: Cardiologist
You should probably get a cardiology consult just to make sure that there is no remaining functional deficit.
Then your fetus should get a pediatric cardiologist to do an echo during pregnancy, as some defects are hereditary.

In brief: Cardiologist
Dr. Kathryn Mercer
Dr. Kathryn Mercer
Dr. Barton Cook
Pediatrics - Cardiology
In brief: See a cardiologist
If you still have a relationship with the pediatric cardiologist who cared for you, check with them first.
Otherwise you need to get an expert opinion. It depends a lot upon what heart defect you had, some are obviously more important long term than others.

In brief: See a cardiologist
Dr. Barton Cook
Dr. Barton Cook
Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
In brief: No
You need to see your ob/gyn when you get pregnant and tell him about this.
There are ways of diagnosing abnormalities in pregnancy really early.

In brief: No
Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
Dr. Jonathan Jassey