Can vaginal yeast infections be transmitted through oral sex?

Not likely. That would assume your partner had oral candida. This would be rare. Some women simply have more problems with vaginal yeast infection, probably because of their own immune response to fungi.
LIving. This is not likely the reason one gets a yeast infection. Yeast live on us, around us and amongst us. The skin environment can be irritated by body temperature, sweat and other fluids, and a change in the body ph due to being on antibiotics and/or other medications.