Is mountain climbing safe? I want to do it at 50.

Dr. Albert Pizzo
In brief: Climbing
Yes it is safe if you are physically fit and get the skills necessary to keep yourself safe get professional training and always follow the safety rules.

In brief: Climbing
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Albert Pizzo
Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: Get in shape first!
I would not recommend it for anyone with ankle/knee/hip problems, lower extremity weakness, or general balance or health challenges.
If one walks or climbs on challenging and uneven terrain, it is essential that he or she be in good health and excellent condition. Physiatrists and ortho, sports medicine doctors can say more, so i will share this with them. Thanks for asking. @drpam.

In brief: Get in shape first!
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine