Can small breast women have breast cancer detected easier?

Dr. David Masiello
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology
In brief: Not necessarily
It may be easier to palpate a lump in a small breast because there is less tissue, however, some brest cancers are only found on mamogram. I would not use the fact that u have small breasts to forgo getting screening mamograms.

In brief: Not necessarily
Dr. David Masiello
Dr. David Masiello
Pathology
In brief: Probably
Breast cancer detection by mammography depends on the differences in the tumor tissue and normal breast.
A small breast is more conducive to a better image, as long as it does not have excessive fibrous tissue.

In brief: Probably
Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology
In brief: Probably not always.
Sometimes mammograms are harder to do in small women, and so a cancer may be harder to detect.
If breast tissue gets fibrosed, that may make it harder also.

In brief: Probably not always.
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Joseph Woods
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery