Do obs still use forceps? What for?

Dr. Miguel Cano
In brief: To Save Your Baby
I've performed forceps deliveries in emergencies where a c-sec would have taken too long & waiting placed the infant at significant risk for brain injury.
It is an excellent tool but fraught with danger if your doc is inexperienced or untrained. I totally agree with dr. Drezaliu. Unfortunately i don't believe forcep deliveries are taught any more. I couldn't even find a pic with proper technique.

In brief: To Save Your Baby
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
It is used to deliver the babies that are almost out(the head is in vagina, yet cannot come out when the mother is pushing.
Sometimes if baby heart rate is really low this procedure can expedite the delivery and save the baby from hypoxia. It is a true art, so you need to really know what you are doing.

Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
Dr. Jane Van Dis