If I don't intend to have abortion, why should I let them screen for down syndrome?

In brief: For knowledge

Down syndrome screening help parents prepare for the birth and future care of a down syndrome baby.
Most initial screening during pregnancy carries no risk to the infant. Many women choose to be screened even if they plan to continue the pregnancy regardless of the result.

In brief: For knowledge

Dr. Kathleen Berchelmann
Dr. Kathleen Berchelmann
Most screenings utilize methods that are less expensive and less accurate than a definitive test that studies chromosomes.If you have a positive screen, it just means it could be. Many would then do the chromosome study. If you don't care, skip it, but understand your listed age makes offering the test part of standard care.
Dr. Adam Levy