Where can I find a midwife who does vbacs?

Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: Better find an MD OB

Cnms are supposed to deal with uncomplicated pregnancies and labor/deliveries.
A trial of labor after prior cesarean section is a very high-risk situation that should only be managed by experienced obstetricians and perinatal anesthesiologists in large hospitals with sicu and nicu availability! do not attempt vbac with midwife!

In brief: Better find an MD OB

Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Dr. Nikolaos Zacharias
Dr. Danae Steele

In brief: VBACs

Oh boy, i think vbacs at home are dangerous.
If your uterus ruptured there would be little chance to get to a hospital fast enough to save your baby. But, you could probably find a midwife through your state's midwives association, or google. Wish i had room to write more here. A hospital cannot force you to have a c/s, even if their "policy" is to do no vbacs. Not that they would be nice....

In brief: VBACs

Dr. Danae Steele
Dr. Danae Steele
Dr. Miguel Cano

In brief: Hospital Based

Hopefully in a hospital.
.. I consider vbacs very effective & safe in the right pt. But, even the best candidate is at risk for dehiscence or uterine rupture so it's much safer (smarter) to vbac in a facility with access to immediate c-section if needed. Honestly, i wouldn't vbac anyone if i didn't have 24/7 anesthesia & a competent or team. Stay safe & good luck finding a cnm with vbac privileges.

In brief: Hospital Based

Hopefully in a hospital.
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Miguel Cano