I've been having gas about everyday off and on could it be gastritis I have normal bowel movements about twice a day I have been under stress lately

Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: Upper or lower

Are you referring to upper gas(belching) or lower gas(passing flatus)? Gastritis is an inflammation of the stomach lining and its main symptom is discomfort in the upper midabdomen which may be relieved by food or antacids.
There may also be belching and associated tenderness in the area. This is treated with bland diet;mylanta(which relieves acidity and upper abdominal gaseous distress)or prilose.

In brief: Upper or lower

Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Donald Colantino
Dr. Steven Seres