Should my doctor call me if something put in me during surgery is recalled?

Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Podiatry

In brief: Not necessarily

The surgeon does not normally keep logs of the implant serial numbers - this is information the facility (hospital, surgery center, etc) and the implant manufacturer keep track of.
Generally, when an recall is issued, one of those two entities will contact you. There are many implants and manufacturers of similar type of implants. If you are concerned, ask your surgeon or call the facility.

In brief: Not necessarily

Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Dr. Ellen Wenzel
Dr. Scott Beard
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Urogynecology

In brief: Not necessarily

The hospital and company track implant data usually if u are having problems u should see ur doc a good doc typically wants to follw their patients with many types of implants on a regular basis anyway.

In brief: Not necessarily

Dr. Scott Beard
Dr. Scott Beard
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery