Are there many guys my age 48+ with erection problems?

Dr. Stephen Southard
In brief: Very common
Some studies have demonstrated that in men 40 and above, the prevalence of erectile issues/dysfunction is reported in >40%! Remember the process of erections is complex and regulated by many different factors, so it doesn't take much for things to go wrong.

In brief: Very common
Dr. Stephen Southard
Dr. Stephen Southard
Dr. Alvin Lin
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics
In brief: Yes!
I assume you're referring to erectile dysfunction or impotence or an inability to attain/sustain an erection adequate for intercourse.
If so, then yes, it becomes more common w/aging, especially if we smoke & drink alcohol to excess. Obesity, diabetes, high cholesterol/blood pressure & depression can cause ed. So can medications & low testosterone. It's time to get evaluated by your family doc.

In brief: Yes!
Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Alvin Lin
Dr. Adam Smith