Went to dr on mon due congestion.Diagnosis allergies due to cedar.Told to take Mucinex (guaifenesin) sinus & claritin. Yesterday afternoon lost voice & green phlegm?

Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Need more

You need to get a nasal steroid +/- a nasal antihistamine plus some allergy eye drops.
Although green mucus does not always indicate the presence of an infection, it may be worthwhile for you to see your doctor to rule out a sinus infection. If your symptoms are that severe from cedar, you may consider an allergy work-up as well to prepare for the next season. Good luck.

In brief: Need more

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Viral infection.

A viral illness is most likely.
The cedar allergy theory seems highly unlikely to me.

In brief: Viral infection.

A viral illness is most likely.
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology