I had a fall and cannot remember anything. Someone got me to the doctor. Can hypnosis tell me what happened?

Dr. Kevin Windisch

In brief: Maybe

It is only safe to try if you work with an expert in memory recovery.
The risk of implanting false memories is very real and very dangerous.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Kevin Windisch
Dr. Kevin Windisch
Dr. William Golden
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Probably not

Hypnosis has been used for recalling memories.
But the research has not demonstrated that hypnosis does result in better accurate recollection of lost memories. Hypnosis is unreliable for this purpose because it can result in false memories.

In brief: Probably not

Dr. William Golden
Dr. William Golden
Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Maybe not

If in the fall you hit your head and lost consciousness, authentic memory might not be recovered.
Some concussive brain injuries disrupt ability to remember just before the event, and for a certain period after. I agree with my colleague that hypnosis in this case may not produce accurate results. Perhaps the someone who got you to a doctor can provide some useful info?

In brief: Maybe not

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Eric Weisman