How soon can I fly after cataract surgery in both eyes?

Fly after CS. Most patients can fly right after cataract surgery (in an emergency); otherwise your eyeMD would want to see you 1day after & confirm you are ok to fly. Avoid bending, lifting, straining for 5-7days otherwise.
TypicallyImmediately. After uncomplicated cataract surgery and after the next day postoperative exam it is ok to fly. Usually the only eye surgeries where flying is contraindicated are retinal procedures involving the use of gases that could expand under low pressure and cause elevations in intraocular pressure and displacement of the anterior segment.
Discuss. Discuss with your ophthalmologist , but restrictions are minimal, within a few days.