Could there be any connection between vagus nerve damage and burning/pins and needles feeling in face (around mouth and nose/lower forehead area)?

Not really. The short answer is "no." the sensory function of the vagus nerve has no relationship to facial or oral structures. The closest that the vagus nerve comes to any function in that region of the body would have to do mainly with the cough reflex. Trigeminal nerve dysfunction more likely causing symptoms you mentioned. I notice that gbs is listed under "conditions."is that currently or in the past?