What are delusions and delirium?

In brief: Neuropsychiatry
Delusion: is a false belief that is maintained even though it is contradicted by reasoning.
It is a psychiatric disorder. For example if i think I am george washington or that i talk to god, that I am a special mesenger from god all these are delusions. Delirium is acute brain syndrome produced by disease during which patients are confused, hallucinate, and have global impairment of thinking;.

In brief: Neuropsychiatry
Dr. Albert C. Cuetter
Dr. Albert C. Cuetter
Dr. Asim Rana
I will add further that in delirium there is altered and fluctuating level of alertness or consciousness which is the hall mark of delirium. Secondly delusions are chronic persisting illness versus delirium which is acute mostly short lived condition either due to infections, drugs, traumatic or metabolic in origin.Rest of the above answer I agree to.
Dr. Maureen Nash
Psychiatry - Geriatric
In brief: Symptom vs syndrome
Delusions are fixed false beliefs for example that someone is trying to kill you.
Delusions can be seen in many different illnesses including delirium. Delirium is a medical condition that evolves fairly quickly involving trouble with attention, vital sign fluctuations, confusion and even hallucinations. Finding the cauuse and treating the person are very important.

In brief: Symptom vs syndrome
Dr. Maureen Nash
Dr. Maureen Nash