What is a safer combination latuda (lurasidone) with tegretol or latuda (lurasidone) with lamictal (racing thoughts)?

Hard to say for sure. One has to see what works best for them; that is the only way to really know. Except for the rare possibility of serious rash, I think Lamictal is safer than tegretol. I would prefer the combination of Lamictal and latuda, (lurasidone) but one must try one med first, see how it works for them, and then add the next one if another drug seems necessary. Talk with your doctor and don't obsess about it!