When I wake up every morning I have gunk in my eye lashes. Should I use irish spring on it ?

Dr. James Abrams
Ophthalmology
In brief: Consider infection
If this is a sudden problem, you may have infectious pink eye, and if it is mild you can wait a week or two to see if it goes away.
If you have had the problem for a long time you may have chronic pink eye, which should be treated. With regard to cleaning it, a warm soak is often helpful to remove the deposits. A few drops of baby shampoo on a corner of a warm wash cloth works well.

In brief: Consider infection
Dr. James Abrams
Dr. James Abrams
Dr. Natalie Hodge
Definitely not Irish Spring in the eye area! It is a very harsh soap which causes lots of skin irritation issues.
Dr. Timothy Sullivan
Ophthalmology
In brief: No
No, that is a buildup of oil so you need a lid scrub like sterilid or baby johnson's no tear shampoo dikuted.

In brief: No
Dr. Timothy Sullivan
Dr. Timothy Sullivan
Dr. Peter Kurzweil