I have an umbilical hernia that came back I have had it longer than 8 years I have been hurting right side around my ribs hard to pass gas scared?

Get it checked out. Do you can feel a bulge where the umbilical hernia is, so you are sure it has recurred? Symptoms indicating a serious problem would be pain, tenderness, discoloration of the bulge; nausea, vomiting ; difficulty defecating. Your symptoms might be related but could also be a different type hernia, peptic ulcer disease, gall bladder disease (such as gallstones), etc. See your md ; get it checked out.
Time. To see a doctor. It is rare but possible to have a trapped or incarcerated henia. Do not wait for an emergency to occur. See a doctor for an exam soon or go to an er if your pain does not improve.