The mouth sores associated with behçet's disease: where are they typically located, in mouth or lips? And are they like canker sores or cold sores?

Mouth sores. Painful mouth sores, that look similar to canker sores, are the most common sign of Behcet's disease. The management is to control temporary flares in pain and inflammation. The good news is you may not need to take medication between flares. Good luck.
Autoimmune disease. They are more like canker sores. They occur on the soft movable parts. They can occur inside the lips, but rarely on the outside. Outside sore sores are usually cold sores caused by a virus.