Why is my eyelid twitching? I just had exams.

Dr. Timothy Sullivan
Ophthalmology
In brief: Stress and caffeine
Stress, excessive use of caffeine, lack of sleep.
You should also worry about hypercalcemia, which is tetanus.

In brief: Stress and caffeine
Dr. Timothy Sullivan
Dr. Timothy Sullivan
Dr. James Abrams
Ophthalmology
In brief: Post-viral symptom
Many patients with fine, rapid eyelid twitching suffered from a "stomach flu" in the preceding month.
This implies that the cause is an immune response to the virus that is somehow irritating the nerves to your eyelid muscles. It is generally benign and resolves, but may take 2 or 3 months.

In brief: Post-viral symptom
Dr. James Abrams
Dr. James Abrams
Dr. Clark Schierle
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Eyelid Spasm
This can be the result of stress, fatigue, eye strain, caffeine, or any number of systemic factors.
You should get it checked out and if correcting these possible causes does not help, Botox treatment may improve your symptoms.

In brief: Eyelid Spasm
Dr. Clark Schierle
Dr. Clark Schierle