My mom had hysterectomy for dub. Will I get that now that I am near her age when she had it?

Dr. John Lipman
Radiology

In brief: No, probably not

If she had hysterectomy for dub caused by fibroids and if you're african-american, you are likely to also have fibroids.
Even if this is the case, you can avoid surgery if you were to get fibroids and dub. If her dub was not fibroid-related much less so. There are better options for dub (fibroid and non fibroid-related) today that don't involve surgery and allow women to keep their uterus.

In brief: No, probably not

Dr. John Lipman
Dr. John Lipman
Dr. Joel Pranikoff

In brief: DUB:due to hormones

Dysfunctional uterine bleeding (dub) is, by definition, not due to fibroids.
Dub is bleeding in the absence of any structural or organic pathology. Dub is most often caused by hormonal issues and can be treated medically. When medical therapy fails, there are surgical options such as an ablation or a hysterectomy. Hormonal problems are more common as women get older. There are many options today.

In brief: DUB:due to hormones

Dr. Joel Pranikoff
Dr. Joel Pranikoff
Dr. Adam Levy