I guess what I have had for years is depression. Now I can almost feel myself slipping into a black hole. Is that what it is?

Dr. Missid Ghanem
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Could very well be..

"slipping into a black hole".
.. Sounds like a pretty intense and deep depression... I strongly urge you to connect with a psychiatrist and a psychotherapist. Wishing you well!

In brief: Could very well be..

"slipping into a black hole".
Dr. Missid Ghanem
Dr. Missid Ghanem
Dr. Neil Liebowitz

In brief: Can

Depression feels like falling into a hole as well a variety of other, loss of energy, motivation, drive, change in sleep and apetite, poor concentration.
It is very treatable so don't hesitate to get professional help. I discuss some treatment experiences in my book, psychiatry in techno colors, on amazon.Com.

In brief: Can

Dr. Neil Liebowitz
Dr. Neil Liebowitz