When should I transition from a bottle to a cup?

In brief: 1 year
The goal is to get rid of the bottle by 1 year - it's better for your baby's teeth and babies who drink from a bottle after a year tend to get more ear infections.
I usually recommend introducing the sippy cup around 9 months to give him a few months to get used to it (it's a different skill drinking from a sippy cup vs. Bottle). Nighttime bottles are usually the hardest to get rid of.

In brief: 1 year
Dr. Kathleen Forcier
Dr. Kathleen Forcier
In brief: Weaning to a cup
You may want to try to offer a cup when your baby is able to sit unassisted and is able to hold on to objects, this may happen when your baby is around 6 to 8 months old.
Start offering the cup after meals and at snack time. Do not be discouraged if your baby resists at first. Remember he is learning and it may take a while!

In brief: Weaning to a cup
Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
Dr. Josephine Ruiz-Healy
Dr. Marsha Davis