What is the survival rate when someone has lung cancer and pneumonia and is on a ventilator?

Pathology

In brief: Know your rights

A person has a right to know when treatment is unlikely to return them to a happy life, .
Insist on being given the facts. I cannot make the decision for you, but i would not allow myself to be intubated if i already carried a diagnosis of lung cancer. But it's just possible that this person has been operated recently for possible cure. Then there's a fair hope. Autonomy rules.

In brief: Know your rights

Dr. Craig Carter
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Depends

Getting someone off a ventilator would depend on the extent of the lung cancer, and the severity of the pneumonia.
If they are still on the ventilator in 10- 14 days, you might want to start thinking comfort care.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Craig Carter
Dr. Craig Carter
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine