Are there herbal supplements that can treat a pulmonary aspergillosis lung infection?

Dr. Michael DePietro
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: No

Aspergillosis infects the lung when the immune system does not work well, or when the lung is damaged in some way, such as when there is a cavity or cyst in the lung that can become infected.
It requires specific antibiotics, treatment of the underlying immune or lung problem and similar measures. There is no evidence that herbs of any kind do any good.

In brief: No

Dr. Michael DePietro
Dr. Michael DePietro
Dr. Fred Harvey
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Maybe

I am not an herbalist but I use herbal remedies in my practice.
I have seen great effect with bacteria in urine and yeast and bacteria in the gut. But I have never seen that condition treated with herbs. It is so deadly that i would use anti-fungal pharmaceuticals for my patients, family and self were it to occur.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Fred Harvey
Dr. Fred Harvey
Dr. Vicken Poochikian